Sunday, December 30, 2012

Whirlwind Adventure

     Once upon a time I moved home from BYU and had two weeks to get ready for a four month study abroad.  Sounds like it piece of cake right? Well that would actually be wrong.  In that two week time period I decided to pack work, parties, Christmas Eve and Christmas, packing, and oh yeah a four day trip to Disneyland! Despite the craziness that has been my life for the past two weeks, I'm actually very happy with the way everything turned out.  I spent some good quality time with good friends and family, and finished things up with one of the best trips to Disneyland a girl could ask for.  (Let's just say I have the best family in the world and they make me laugh more than anyone in the world. Disneyland + greatest family ever = the greatest trip ever.)  Here's a little recap, picture-style, of my last two weeks...


Christmas party with my girls! 5th year we've done it! 

Heading down to Temple Square on Christmas Eve

The world's greatest brothers concentrating on the matter at hand...hot chocolate.

The beautiful temple

My absolutely wonderful parents who I am going to miss dearly.

Trying to pack for four months in two suitcases...I'm not Mary Poppins, 
but I think I did a dang good job.

Not the best picture in the world, but Disneyland at Christmas time is so magical! 

We may have gotten stuck on Indiana Jones, so did we get to ride it twice in a row...
why yes, yes we did

Rainy day at the happiest place on earth...obviously we were still very happy

Sometimes the best way to entertain yourself in a long line is by taking model shots of your brothers

Jungle crusin' it up 

And now I'm sitting in LAX waiting for my flight.  I sent my mom and brothers off through tears to Salt Lake this morning (it's a cruel cruel thing to make a girl leave her family) and my wonderful amazing dad decided to stay with me to make sure I get everything situated. I sure love him!  The next three and a half months are going to be an absolute adventure.  I'm excited to get where I'm going and learn as much as I can.  So for now I'll say so long to the U.S. and kia ora to New Zealand!! 

~Rach  








1 comments:

Alyssa Nichols said...

So I am reading this and thinking to myself, dang this girl is going to have the most amazing experiences ever!! But at the same time I am also crying uncontrollably because I don't really know how I am going to make it all of these months without you!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting